WMP takes the privacy of its clients and customers very seriously and is committed to protecting your privacy online.
In this Policy references to the “event organisers” are to WMP, B240 – Riverside Business Centre, Haldane Place, London SW18 4UQ.
This Policy explains the privacy and the data protection practices in connection with:
- All websites and apps operated by WMP and WMP’s social media pages
- WMP’s use of emails and text messaging which we send to our clients and customers
- How we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have
Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements of our users and supporters and to promote our aims, for example, by communicating with you and providing an interactive service.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two kinds of information about our users:
- Non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- Personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), card or bank details, information about your interests and hobbies etc. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as newsletter requests, registration or membership requests, product purchases, feedback, donations, competition entries etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse the sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
We will use the information you provide to us to:
- Fulfil your requests, for example applications for membership, donations, competition entries, participation in campaigns and provision of information
- Process sales transactions, donations, or other payments and verify financial transactions
- Identify contributors
- Handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders
- Identify visitors
- Provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites e.g. by customising the content and/or layout of our pages for each individual user
- Record any contact we have with you
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- In aggregate (and therefore anonymously) to profile your use of the websites and carry out research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour to help us gain a better understanding of how our users navigate and use the websites, and to enable us to improve our service to you
- Improve our service to our users
- Communicate with our supporters and customers
- Provide you with information which we think may be of interest to you, as explained below
- Session cookies – These are temporary cookies and only stored in your computer’s memory for the time that you are browsing our site. For example, they are used to track what you do on our online shop and items you add to your shopping basket. They are deleted as soon as you end your session.
- Permanent or stored cookies – These are the cookies that remain on your computer even after you have finished your session.
- Flash cookies – If you have Adobe Flash Player on your computer and you view video clips on our sites, additional small files may be stored on your computer to help us understand the use of our media files. Visit Adobe’s website to control the use of flash cookies.
- recognise you when you return to our website so as to avoid lengthy registration on each occasion
- identify who you are and to access your account information
- speed up your searches
- estimate our audience size and patterns
- ensure that you are not asked to register twice
- control how often visitors see similar ads
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests and to improve and update our websites
- track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The event organisers use a variety of services hosted by third parties to help us provide and manage our services. When you use our websites these third parties may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address.
WHEN MIGHT WE PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHERS?
When we use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including processing, packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customers’ questions about products or services, sending postal mail, emails and text messages, analysing data and processing credit card payments. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We require all such companies to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
If you have agreed that we may do so.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services and operations to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
If we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from one of our sites, if required to do so by law, to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the Sabre Trust, our websites or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
If we merge with another organisation to form a new entity, information may be transferred to the new entity.
WHERE IS THE INFORMATION STORED?
Information which you submit via our websites or competitions is sent to a computer located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you the information you have requested. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and to other reputable third party organisations as referred to in this Policy and these may be situated outside the European Economic Area.
WMP place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our supporters, customers and users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel are authorised to access user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst you or we are transferring this data.
Where you or we have provided a password enabling you to access parts of our websites or use our services, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential. Please don’t share your password with anyone.
If for any reason you suspect that your credit card has been used to make an inaccurate or incorrect transaction through this website, please advise us at the earliest opportunity by calling WMP on 01865 390258. We will investigate and arrange a refund as necessary.
USING OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
Whilst this statement covers our privacy practices and how we will use any data collected from our websites and social media pages (such as WMP pages on sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr) it doesn’t cover how providers of social media websites will use your information. You should read the social media site’s privacy policies before adding any content to our social media pages. Make use of the social media site privacy settings and reporting mechanisms to control the way that your information is handled.
POSTING CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
Remember that the internet provides instant worldwide access. Any information that you provide will be just that – worldwide instantly!
We don’t moderate our websites. So if you post comments about other people it is not only your privacy that is at stake. Protect your friends’ privacy and reputations. Be careful about uploading any content that may show you or your friends in compromising situations and be aware that other users may abuse the content you have provided.
Please don’t provide information about yourself or other people unless you are sure you and they are happy to have it made public. In particular, don’t provide any information about others without their consent where that information might identify them, such as:
- Tagged photos
Under no circumstances make public other peoples’ home address, email addresses or contact numbers.
• Any personal information submitted via our websites is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To find out more about your entitlements under this legislation, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.org.uk • If you would like to review or revise information you have previously provided to us online, you may do so by contacting the Data Protection Officer at the address below • You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or if you have any questions relating to this statement or how we use the personal information we have about you, please write to: WMP, B240 – Riverside Business Centre, Haldane Place, London SW18 4UQ.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY